Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Praying Over Our Campus

Lord, You are my fortress, protecting me from danger, so I have no need to tremble. When evil people come to devour me, when my enemies and foes attack me, they will stumble and fall.  Though a mighty army surrounds me, my heart will not be afraid. Even if I am attacked, I will remain confident in You.  Father, Look down and see me praying for my school.

Merciful Father, You have declared that if Your people who are called by Your name will humble ourselves and pray and seek Your face and turn from our wicked ways, You will hear from heaven and will forgive us our sins.  I confess that I have sinned against You.  I have tarnished the image of this school and Your name with my words and actions.  I have been selfish, angry, haughty, begrudging, unforgiving. I have neglected opportunities to share your goodness with others. Forgive me. 

I believe You have chosen and set apart this school to be a beacon of hope and light in a desolate community.  I believe you set this campus on holy ground by filling it with Your presence.  This campus is Your temple, and You have told us Your eyes will be open and Your ears attentive to every prayer made in Your temple.  For you have chosen this Temple and set it apart to be holy – a place where Your name will be honored forever.  You will always watch over it, for it is dear to Your heart.  Father, may my words and actions honor Your name.

In the Old Testament, You directed Nehemiah to build a physical wall around the city of Jerusalem to defend against enemies. Since our school began, You have guarded us against evil forces.  You heard and answered the prayerful pleas of our founding families who encircled our campus in a Jericho March. 

Hear our prayer, again, Lord: strengthen the invisible wall of defense against forces that seek to destroy us, to mock us, to defame us, to undermine us, to distract us, to zap our energy and enthusiasm.  Extend your protection throughout our campus to every student, faculty and staff member.

I thank you, Father, for your constant presence on this campus and for wrapping each of us in your protective arms.

In Jesus’ name, Amen.



Psalm 27:1-3
Nehemiah 1: 5-6
2 Chronicles 7:15-16

Nehemiah 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation!