Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Masterpiece

For we are God’s masterpiece.  He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.  Ephesians 2:10

On my desk sit two pieces of pottery my daughter made during her high school art classes.   They're really simple pieces -- coiled clay painted green and fired in the kiln.

Every time I grab a paper clip or a pen from these vessels, I am reminded of my precious girl.

I treat this pottery like a masterpiece.  I am protective of them; when cleaning my desk, I take special care not to bump them for fear of breaking one.

They are special because her hands prepared them, and her heart gave them to me.

In a Nutshell
I am grateful that God sees me as His masterpiece.            

Father, You are the Master Sculptor.  I praise You for creating me anew in Your son, Jesus Christ.  I thank you that you shed fresh mercy on me each morning.  Forgive me for my sins and cleanse my heart, so that through You, I can do the good things that You planned for me long ago.  I am grateful that You have planted me here at this school in this season.  Open my eyes and my heart to the tasks you’ve set before me.  Let me be an instrument of Your goodness that others may be blessed today.  In Christ’s name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation!