Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Ministry in the Classroom

As a result of your ministry, they will give glory to God.  For your generosity to them and to all believers will prove that you are obedient to the Good News of Christ.  And they will pray for you with deep affection because of the overflowing grace God has given to you.  Thank God for this gift too wonderful for words! 2 Corinthians 9:13-15

In the weeks leading up to the opening of our school, I fielded phone calls from nearly every parent in my class.  All were anxious about the new school.  I listened as parent after parent detailed her child’s shortcomings, special needs, and family dynamics. 

I was overwhelmed by the many needs that would be facing me in that first year: birth defects, learning disabilities, attention deficits and hyperactivity, incarcerated parent, the list went on and on.  I recognized early in those conversations that my job would involve far more than presenting learning opportunities to these third graders.

They were seeking an alternative to their current educational setting because they had unmet needs. These children, and their parents, needed to be ministered to.  They needed someone who cared about them beyond the report card. 

In a Nutshell
Ministry is not a separate calling; it is through the calling that we minister.


Father, I praise your holy name for the gift of Jesus Christ and the salvation You have given me. You are worthy of my praise. I confess my disobedience; forgive me of my sins.  Thank you for your overflowing grace.  Your gift is too wonderful for words! You have planted me for ministry at this school. Through my obedience to Your Word and generosity toward others, make me a witness of Your Good News. This morning, I lift up my co-workers to you: pour out your blessings on them today.  In Christ’s name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation!