Monday, July 31, 2017

Covering Our School In Prayer

For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven.
A time be born and a time to die.
A time to plant and time to harvest.
A time to kill and time to heal.
A time to tear down and a time build up. A time to cry and a time to laugh.
A time to grieve and a time to dance.
A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones.
A time to embrace and a time to turn away.
A time to search and a time to quit searching.
A time to keep and a time to throw away.
A time to tear and a time to mend.
A time to be quiet and a time to speak.
A time to love and a time to hate.
A time for war and a time for peace.

God’s purpose is that people should fear him.  What is happening now has happened before, and what will happen in the future has happened before, because God makes the same things happen over and over again.

And people should …enjoy the fruits of their labor, for these are gifts from God.

So I saw that there is nothing better for people than to be happy in their work.
Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8, 14-15, 13, 22


God has brought me into a season of deepening prayer and Bible study.  I don’t know what He’s preparing me for, but I am trusting that He is paving a path, strengthening my trust in Him, for whatever is to come.  I am praying that I can be faithful to Him in the midst of any temptations and trials that come my way, because I know that as I draw closer to Him, the enemy will be threatened. 

The Holy Spirit is teaching me to pray using His Word.  It is comforting to me to see how there really is nothing new in life – what I’m experiencing, what I’m taking to God in prayer, are things that have already been brought to Him many times over. I am grateful for the way He is revealing this to me through His Word.  It’s just another way of Him saying to me, “I’ve got this!”

Praying God’s Word is keeping me focused on His will.  I am finding that He points me to verses that are specific to my needs and to the needs of those in my sphere of influence; I can feel Him speaking to me through these passages.  My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.  John 10: 27

Our school exists, not because of what any of us has done, but because of what God has orchestrated.  His handiwork is evident from before the doors opened until this day.  I love our school.  It is a huge part of who I am.  My roots run deep here.  What happens at our school matters to me.  I have shared previously that I know this school is my mission field.  I am grateful for what God has done, and is doing, through our school.

We all are in this school together, committed to a singular mission.  I want you to know that I am praying for you, and for all aspects of our school, not once, but again and again.  Jesus told his disciples, “And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for.  Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks, receives.  Everyone who seeks, finds.  And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened. Luke 11:9-11 

I tell you that I am praying for you because I hope you will be alert to notice God’s power and presence moving in your life and in the life of our school.  I hope you will tune in to His voice; I hope you will see his fingerprints around you.  So I will keep on praying for you, asking our God to enable you to live a life worthy of his call.  May he give you the power to accomplish all the good things your faith prompts you to do.  2 Thessalonians 1:11

For me, prayer is intensely personal, so I much prefer privacy and quiet where I can pour out the burdens of my heart to God.  Be clear: I do not want to appear like the hypocrite who seeks attention for his babbling prayers, nor am I the one who will offer the blessing at lunch in a group.  Nevertheless, in the coming days I will be sharing scripture-laden prayers with you in hopes that you will unite with me in developing a prayerful spirit over every aspect of our school this year.  

In Matthew 18:19 Jesus declares that if two of us agree here on earth concerning anything we ask, our Father in heaven will do it for us.  Will you agree with me to continually pray scripturaly for our school, our students and their families, and each other?


May you feel the power of these prayers and be blessed each day.


  
The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. Psalm 145:18

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  Philippians 4:6

Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.  Hebrews 4:16


When you pray, don’t be like the hypocrites who love to pray publicly on street corners and in the synagogues where everyone can see them.  I tell you the truth, that is all the reward they will ever get.  But when you pray, go away by yourself, shut the door behind you, and pray to your Father in private.  Then your Father, who sees everything, will reward you. When you pray, don’t babble on and on as people of other religions do.  They think their prayers are answered merely by repeating their words again and again.  Don’t be like them, for your Father knows exactly what you need even before you ask him!  Matthew 6:5-8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation!