Monday, August 28, 2017

Customer Service

If you think you are too important to help someone, you are only fooling yourself.  You are not that important.  Galatians 6:3

Busy, and frustrated, I dropped the phone in its cradle, and noise of  "Don't Bother Me" resounded in my office.

Not exactly the Blazer Spirit I wish to exemplify.

Chic-Fil-A may the best local example of what customer service can be.  CFA employees speak with an upbeat tone when they welcome you to their register, and as they hand you your order, they invite you back tomorrow.

As a school, we, too, are in the customer service business.

I often have to stop and check myself: am I welcoming my students and their families as eagerly as CFA welcomes their customers?  Am I inviting them to return day after day?  The answer is no.  I get so caught up in my busy-ness that sometimes my frustration shows when I deal with other people.

I want our students and their parents to want to come to our school, to feel welcome and appreciated, all the time, not just when it's convenient for me.

In a Nutshell
My tone and my response send a clear message to others.

Father, You are never too busy or too frustrated to hear my pleas.  I thank you for being on-call for me 24/7.  You are never more than a whisper away.  Forgive me for acting as if I am too busy or too frustrated to do the same for others.  Thank you for reminding me in Your Word that I am not too important to help others.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation!