Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Being An Example

You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever.  Psalm 16:11

My high school headmaster held regular assemblies.  Most of those assemblies could be categorized as character education.  Sometimes it was a film, using one of those reel to reel projectors, before the age of videotapes, CDs, DVDs and YouTube; sometimes it was a guest speaker; and sometimes it was a lecture, directly from his heart. 

He would point out “a couple or three things” that we needed to do better.  I credit this man with helping to develop my character, with teaching me the way I should behave, with holding me to a high standard of behavior.  No doubt, he showed me the way with both his words and his actions.

I often wonder if students who’ve passed through my classes have felt their lives were better because of having been with me for a year.

In a Nutshell
The example of our lives may be the best opportunity students have to be shown the way of life.



Father, you are the Great Navigator.  You have patiently shown me the way time and time again.  Forgive me for having strayed from Your path.  Thank you for granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you.  Father, I ask that the joy You have poured into my heart will be evident in my interactions with others today.  May they see in me the pleasures of righteous living in You. In Christ’s name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation!